- Hike, cycle, and kayak Laos and Cambodia, gems of former French Indochina
- Travel under tropical canopies and through forests of orchids
- Visit with local people, sample authentic cuisine, and discover ancient history
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Luang Prabang and Angkor Wat
Discover the wonders and beauty of former Indochina while hiking, cycling, and kayaking through Laos and Cambodia. Our journey reveals forests of wild orchids and towering bamboo, surreal 9th century temples growing from the jungle floor, and thousand-year-old tributes to Hindu and Buddhist deities.
Starting in Chiang Mai, Thailand, we cross the Laotian border and cycle through rice paddies and rural villages. The Nam Ha Conservation Area offers us incredible hiking, while we learn about the country's culture and history along the way. Iconic Pak Ou Caves hold superb kayaking, while the town of Luang Prabang mesmerizes us with its ancient secrets. In Cambodia, we have ample time to explore Angkor Wat, robed in the roots of giant silk-cotton trees, and other remarkable temple complexes.
Our trek by foot, bike, and kayak keeps us close to the land and culture, offering an up-close view of these amazing countries. Join us on an adventure in Laos and Cambodia that you'll never forget!
- Day 1 - Our adventure begins in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Day 2 - Soar through jungle canopy on a zipline tour en route to Laos.
- Day 3 - Visit ethnic minority villages; cycle past rice paddies and jagged peaks.
- Day 4 - Hike in the unspoiled Nam Ha wilderness with a local minority guide.
- Day 5 - Cycle Laos' northern highlands to the tranquil village of Nong Khiaw.
- Day 6 - Kayak to boat-accessible Pak Ou caves, filled with Buddhist sculptures.
- Day 7 - Explore the palaces and Wats of Luang Prabang, "the jewel of Indochina."
- Day 8 - Cycle to the Khuang Si waterfalls and hike to the top for great views.
- Day 9 - Take an all-day hike through the mountains to a remote rural village.
- Day 10 - Arrive in Siem Reap, Cambodia!
- Day 11 - Explore the Roulous Temple Group and Sambor Prei Kuk on foot before cycling to nearby Kampong Tom.
- Day 12 - Visit the temple of Bantaey Srei, a jewel of Khmer architecture.
- Day 13 - Explore magnificent Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and the Bayon Temple.
- Day 14 - Cycle Angkor's "Big Circuit" with stops at many iconic temples.